Tuesday, January 15, 2013

If only God had given us three hands

I was in the waiting room at the pediatrician's office last week trying to juggle my purse and Lily's diaper bag while keeping my little wiggle worm underneath a blanket so we could walk through the cold wind to the car after her appointment. I didn't know how to open the door since my hands were more than full. I was about to push it open with my hip, when a man opened the door for me. He said, "If only God had given us three hands". I agreed with him.

An extra hand sure would come in handy sometimes, I thought. Then I realized that none of my ideas would work with an extra hand. I still wouldn't be able to cook and do laundry at the same time. I still wouldn't be able to clean the house and read a book at the same time. That's what I really want to be able to do - multiple things at once. I don't need an extra hand; I need an extra me. Maybe that's why we only have two hands. Still it sure would be nice to be able to open a door without help.

No comments:

Post a Comment