Thursday, January 10, 2013

Time Keeps Flying By

It seems like time keeps on flying by in the Adair house. Baby Lily is growing up fast. She's cutting three teeth right now to add to the ones she already has. She's found new friends in Hammer and Miller (the kittens we adopted after the tornado), Hammer mainly. She'll pull Hammer's ears and fur and poke at her. I'm trying to teach her to be gentle with the cats, but thankfully Hammer doesn't mind - she just sits there and takes it.

Brandon is training for his first marathon in a few months. He's got me beat on that one. I'll stick with half marathons, which after being anemic during the spring, isn't as easy as it used to be.

Furball is on a diet. Yes, I put my cat on a diet. I don't know what else to do. She stress eats, and after what she went through during the tornado I understand why she does it. She lived in the rubble for 36 days and lost so much weight that she ate and ate when we got her back home. She got better about it after a while, but then last March came around, and although that tornado wasn't nearly as bad, it still sent Furball right back to stress eating again. She was 15.2 pounds when I started her diet last week. It consists of more canned food for the protein and less dry food full or carbohydrates. We'll see if it works. She's kind of short so it makes the weight look so much worse on her.

And Daisy is content as long as Brandon is around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment