Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weight Loss Programs and Real Women

Here's one of my pet peeves - weight loss programs paying celebrities to lose weight. The most recent one has been Jessica Simpson getting paid $4 million dollars to lose her baby weight on their program. That's great for Jessica, not so great for the "normal moms" out there. Babies, or not, there is a big difference between normal women and celebrities.

Number 1) - Normal women don't get paid to lose weight. Not a million dollars, not a thousand dollars, not even a single dollar unless they find enough spare change on the ground while they are outside exercising to add up to a dollar. But if someone offered me enough money to lose my last few pounds of baby weight I'd make it a top priority. Until then I'll keep exercising and eating my chocolate.

Number 2) - Normal women have a limited amount of time to exercise, especially mothers. They don't get to spend hour upon hour at the gym working out. They have to cook, clean, run errands, do laundry, change diapers, run carpools, etc. On top of that a lot of women work outside of the home. They don't get to pay someone to do all of those things for them like a lot of celebrities do. Truth be known, I wouldn't want to pay someone to do those things for me. Then I wouldn't be able to rattle off a list of things I did that day to make my husband do a chore that I didn't want to do :)

Number 3) - Normal women don't always have the motivation to lose the weight. It's hard working out and eating the right way to lose weight when you're busy, stressed, and have a child that needs your attention. It would be a lot easier if you were rich and getting even richer every time you hit the gym. If I knew I was getting paid to work out I'd be doing it all of the time. The sad thing is Jessica Simpson got paid more to lose 50 pounds than I'll make working for 30 years.

I wish the weight loss programs would do all of the "normal women" out there a favor. Either start paying real moms to lose the weight, which would be a more realistic representation of your clientele, or stop paying the celebrities. Let them work to lose the weight without any incentive, just like millions of women in this world try to do everyday.

1 comment:

  1. A special weight management programs are present along with good packages for each individual employee. Several mini-weight loss programs.

    weight loss programs

    ReplyDelete